The accommodation at Mistycove consists of 5 colonial style lakefront cottages scattered over a 3 acre prime location with a lake frontage of over 500 feet. The lawns are extensive and flower-beds are blooming with beautiful flowers. ''Mistycove'' is recommended for those who value a beautiful natural setting, laid back life style and graciousness of a by gone era. It is very much ''out-doors'' oriented and lacks the slick urban look of conventional hotels.
Tariffs are on per cottage basis. Each cottage can accommodate upto 4 adults and upto 1 child (below 7 years), not requiring an extra bed. Upto 1 extra bed can be provided at additional cost, if required. Each cottage, however, has only one bath cum toilet. Check-in time is 10:00 AM and Check-out time is 9:00 AM. All accommodation requests will be treated as enquiries, if not accompanied by full payment for the duration of planned stay.
|Rate / Night||Season (INR)||Off Season (INR)|
|Charges for extra Person||1200||1200|
More than 30 days prior to date of arrival - Rs. 500/- per cottage
Between 21 - 30 days prior to date of arrival - 20%
Between 11 - 20 days prior to date of arrival - 40%
Between 6 - 10 days prior to date of arrival - 60%
Between 0 - 5 days prior to date of arrival - 100%
Food Service :
Simple home cooked, nutritious, non / less greasy, vegetarian, North Indian / South Indian food can be provided on specific request made in advance. The charges for fixed menu options are as follows:
Children below 7 years of age, eating alongwith the rest of the group are not charged for the fixed menu food.
A limited snack menu is available with the caretaker, who will be happy to provide with ordered items if advance request is given.
Morning tea / coffee is included in the room tariff.
Self cooking option is available @ Rs. 350 /- Per day.
Pick up & Drop Service :
Pick up and drop service can be provided, if advance booking is made at the time of confirming accommodation. The charges per one way trip are as follows :
|From / To Kodaikanal Road Railway Station||1400|
|From / To Madurai Railway Station||2000|
|From / To Madurai Airport||2200|
|From / To Coimbatore Airport / Railway Station||3500|
The above charges are on a per trip basis in a non Air conditioned Ambassador/Indica car for upto 4 passengers. Other kind of vechicles can also be provided. The charges applicable for the same will be intimated on request.
There are a few things that our guests need to know before they confirm their bookings:
1. Mistycove is almost a 75 year old property. Hence it may lack the glitz and glamour of a modern urban type hotel/resort.
2. There are occasional powercuts and outages in Kodaikanal. In conformity with our policy of minimizing our carbon foot prints and also the pollution, we consciously do not provide a generator. In the event of power outages, we and our guests manage with candle lights and a patient wait for the power supply to resume.
3. Although each cottage has two bedrooms, three of the cottages have the entrance to the smaller bedroom through the master bedroom. Moreover, there is only one bathroom per cottage to be shared between the two bedrooms. In view of this, we hire out the entire cottage to one group/family only. Also, we strongly recommend a maximum occupancy of 4 persons to a cottage.
4. Although Mistycove is a very pet-friendly property, we do not permit the pets to enter the cottages (in deference of the wishes of most of our guests). We will be happy to provide safe and secure space for the pet within the property but outside of the cottages.
5. Mistycove is a totally vegetarian facility and non-vegetarian food (even brought from outside) is not permitted on the property.
6. All rates listed above are subject to change without any prior notice/intimation. Kindly reconfirm the rates at the time of booking.